Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another liquidator issue/question

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mobile, Alabama

Another liquidator issue/question

With 3/8" tube and fittings the flow from the liquidator tank to the pump would continue for maybe a minute or two after the pump shut off. Since going with all 1/2" tube and fittings the flow from the tank continues to the pump until the level in the tank drops enough to close the float valve. Will the high chlorine content water setting in the pump for about 16 hours cause a problem? The pump is all plastic (Sta-Rite brand) and obviously designed for swimming pool service, but I'm not sure it's designed to handle that high of a concentration for that period of time. I don't know what the concentration is but it must be fairly high.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another liquidator issue/question

My thinking is since the pump is all plastic it shouldn't hurt anything much?
    Mine probably does the same thing and I have not noticed any issues. I have a Hayward pump.
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Another liquidator issue/question

It's common for that to happen.
    It's only a couple of ppm so it won't hurt anything.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit