Question, going away for five days

bagels

Jul 7, 2012
I am still transitioning to BBB, but cya is still a little high (75). FC at 24 going to bring it up to 30 to hyperchlorinate before going on vacation. Question is, planning on putting some trichlor in the chlorinator, how many pucks and what to set dial on? Hayward chlorinator has dial that goes from 1 to 10. sand filter runs for 6 hrs a day, solar cover, full sun from 7am till about 5. IGP 26000 gals

By using the pucks in your chlorinator, you are only going to increase your CYA and make that situation worse. If you are only going to be away for 5 days, I think bringing it up to shock level (21) and leaving the solar cover on you should be fine... unless you are currently dealing with some algae...

You should update your signature line to include info about your pool, then you will get the most accurate advice. You might also post your last set of full test results, good to have everything in check before going away, then things are less likely to get out of hand.

Thanks, was thinking that I didn't need pucks anyway, just didn't want to come home to a green monster. Going to bring fc up to 30 and no pucks and hope for the best. No algea issues at this time, but had them 3 days ago and that is why I began shocking. BTW signature line updated a bit, when I figure out exactly what I have i'll be more detailed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.