calibrate salt level

Aug 1, 2012
I have a Aqua T-cell 15 and prologic PL-P-4. The salt reading says 2600ppm but the readings at the pool store are 3300ppm. This is happening on a consistent basis. Is there a way to recalibrate it or do I need to replace something? It seems to be making chlorine but gives me low salt when it really doesnt need it.

Seems like the cells have a lifespan of 3-5 years, so it just may be going bad. I think all a pool store can test for is if it functions at all or if it is dead.

Give it a good cleaning and see what happens. Maybe see if you can get a few more test opinions from different places to see if the cell is consistently reading low salt when it really is not low.

If it still reads low, you can raise the salt content until it is happy and producing and you can get more time out of it. But, then when you do eventually have to replace the cell, you will have to lower the salt level.

Nitrates are meaningless ... as are phosphates ... just buzz words to make the store money.
Keep your FC in the correct range for your CYA level and there is no reason to worry about them.

Post up a full set of test levels and we can see where you are at.

Note if the SWG is not maintaining your FC level, you need to supplement with bleach or your pool may turn green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.