Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

DE Filter

This is listed on craigslist -- any thoughts on it. I have emailed the person that has it listed but haven't heard from them.[attachment=0:3uu0kfs6]5Na5L15X63Ka3G93Mbc7ued9380486073141f.jpg[/attachment:3uu0kfs6]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DE Filter

That looks to be a rather small DE filter. Small filters need more frequent backwashing/cleaning and DE is more work than sand, so I don't really recommend that filter even if it is otherwise a good deal. Also, no one has made stainless steel filter tanks in some time, so it is fairly old. Despite that, it looks to be in decent condition, though there is no way to know for sure without looking inside.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: DE Filter

Thanks Jason for the reply.

That is why I wanted other's opinions.

Someone had commented that my filter was too small here on one of my threads. It is a 150 pound Hayward sand filter -- I think it is the 180T.

So I was looking at maybe trying to upgrade. What size would be recommended?
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit