and I need yours...your opinion that is. I am still struggling to rid my pool of copper. Jack's magic advised that I treat the water once and it would be fine if I did not introduce any more copper into the water. I have tested my fill water and it is copper free. After using the blue stuff, our hair remained green-free for about three weeks. Then, the green monster hit again. Because Jack's blue stuff is expensive and not locally available, I decided to try HTH metal control.
Here is where I need opinions. I called HTH and the man on the phone said to let the FC fall to 1 ppm. then, put in 3 quarts of metal control. Then, he told me to let it all circulate and not to shock until 7 days had passed. Because of what I learned through BBB, I am VERY hesitant to let the FC fall. Especially since my normal FC level for my CYA is 4-8 ppm. WHen I brought this to his attention, he said it was no problem because I could then (after the 7 days), super shock my pool. When asked why I couldn't just leave the FC at a normal range and treat the water, he said the chlorine would negate the use of the metal control and make it not work. Why would I intentionally ask for an algae bloom when I've stayed so strict about water balance thus far.
FYI, after doing the Jack's blue stuff, my copper level was still at .15ppm...enough for green hair. I do appreciate all the advice about how to get the green out of hair, but I really would like to avoid it all together. I prefer to tackle the real problem. HTH dude said after this initial dosing, I should add 4 ounces every week until the copper test is 0 ppm.
Your opinions please!