Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Green/Cloudy Intex...

Re: Another Green/Cloudy Intex...

Hey, look in the above posts, pix added, furnace filter was taken apart, careful of sharp edges, circles cut and stuffed in vac body, caught green stuff before it got pulled into main filter, vaccing to waste would be best way of getting it out of pool, what about biodiesel filter bags?.. They might help... Did you use anything that has copper in it?
    ~6500 gal 18' x 52" easy set agp, 6th year
    Intex 2650 sand and krystal clear saltwater system
    TF100 Test Kit Becoming a TFP lifetime supporter and purchasing the TF100 is absolutely the best money I have ever spent! :-D

Thank you MoreSparkle. I got it now. Cut open the Filtrete, stacked them up like a coffee filter stack and vac away. I also added the sock at the return hose stuffed with pillow stuffing to catch as much as possible that did get by. Made a huge difference but again it is raining and we do need it but I know I am gone again for 4 days and will come back to mess. HOWEVER,I did order the Intex 1600 Sand filter and it should be here next week. I sure hope this helps me keep it cleaner or clean it faster. I will have 3 weeks home from hospital and hope to use the pool almost everyday. Some days will make day or overnight trips to the lake to enjoy family and friends.

Now I am wondering if perhaps I can use coffee filters flattended out and put before the Intex ^&&* filters to catch lots of gunk too. hmmm may give that a shot before regular filter gets to the house.

Thanks again for the assist.
    ProSeries Above Ground 20x4 Sand filter 1 hp

My kids got more info on why the owner stopped using bleach... He said the water started tasting bad! It also burned eyes (CC's probably off the chart!)

No POP! TA = 625 CH = 0 and he blamed bleach for doing what it is supposed to do. <sigh>
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

I tried coffee filters, but they didn't work for me, you might have more luck, I don't remember what the prob was w them... We're getting lots of rain too, wish it would move north where needed, where are you located?

Good luck, lots of people like their sand filters... Might try one in the future, not worth it for us right now.. Temp. Pool, only 4 mos to swim, don't want it sitting out all year round... Sure you will like yours...
    TF100 Test Kit Becoming a TFP lifetime supporter and purchasing the TF100 is absolutely the best money I have ever spent! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by UnderWaterVanya
    My kids got more info on why the owner stopped using bleach... He said the water started tasting bad! It also burned eyes (CC's probably off the chart!)

No POP! TA = 625 CH = 0 and he blamed bleach for doing what it is supposed to do. <sigh>

That's too bad, maybe he needs to spend the winter reading here and will see the light - the clear blue sparkly light bouncing off the pool floor next year.