I want to share my story for members who are still trying BBB method. This is a moral boost and patience is the key, aside from reading what the TPF seniors have painstakingly wrote. I come rarely now to this forum but I do report anything I do in my pool in a big way. This is my documentation.
I am now at 2,070 TDS and my water in my mouth does not taste as good as when it was 1000ish TDS.
I am not using saltwater. I know my water so well, my nose and mouth is the detection mechanism...
So I planned to replace near half of my pool water, or 68,000 liters or approx 18,000 gallons.
Why I won't replace a 100% is because there is ground water in my pool and I am not risking my pool getting lift up when it is empty, it does and have happened in some areas.
If you see the trio small pumps for discharging the water, actually only 1 work and that is only 30 liters
perminute or 7.9 US gallons. I sent the discharged water to my ground water well .....really I did.
I reduced the clhorine to 0.5 PPM before I sent it to my well.
My ground water is so bad in quality and I use it as back up only to my city water and I am hoping by sending 68K liters I will make it less "dry". To use my well water, I have to apply membrane technology for making it "useable", not for drinking but to make it good enough. Nano membrane was chosen as ultra filtration can't handle it and reverse osmosis membrane not needed. The reason I need to have well water and such a waste of money using nano membrane is because my city water supply is not reliable. Sometime it may stop for 2 days or when like now the dry season, the water quality is really bad.
Back to the pool...........
I sent my pool water for lab check to make sure I know what is in them.
EDIT : The test is for drinking water standard, that is what I need to see the more detailed breakdown.
To imperial boys, mg/L is milligram per liter or the same as PPM
[attachment=2:ufdcdb2u]Water Test Result.jpg[/attachment:ufdcdb2u]
[attachment=1:ufdcdb2u]Day 1 - 5PM clarity check at 4 meter deep end.JPG[/attachment:ufdcdb2u]
[attachment=0:ufdcdb2u]Day 1 - 31st July 5PM - Draining 68000 liters or 17989 gallons in progress.JPG[/attachment:ufdcdb2u]