New pool owner needing a pool cover

May 17, 2012
tn
I am wanting to buy a pool cover for winter, I live in southeast. I have no idea what kind to get or what is the best style. I have a 16x32 rectangular inground vinyl pool. I dont know if I need one to just keep out debris or if I should opt for a solid cover (like aqua master) which looks to be about $700 from what i can tell. I dont wanna spend a fortune but at the same time I don't wanna half Rear this. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

I have a loop-loc mesh cover, it is great as a safety cover and keeps leaves, twigs, animals, and other debris out. The other nice thing is that since it is mesh, I don't have to worry about pumping water off the cover due to rainfall and melting snow. Similarly, in the spring, I rarely have to add very much water before starting up the equipment pad. The downside is that it lets dust and pollen through, so there is a lot to filter/vacuum out when opening in the spring. Also, the cover isn't perfectly flush with my concrete pad, so I get a lot of worms as well.

When I have a customer ask about covers I recommend solid covers. You will spend less money in the spring starting up since sunlight can't get through the solid it generally won't turn green. If you start your pool before the water reaches 50 degrees you can get by with the mesh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.