Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Poolcleaner--Onlines sites to buy from?

1. Back To Top    #1

The Poolcleaner--Onlines sites to buy from?

Ok I think I have finally decided that I am going to get the 4 wheel poolcleaner, suction. Those of you that have one how long do you run yours/day? and as I understand it doesn't get hung up on steps and cleans both deep and shallow end.

Does anyone have a site that they have bought something from that you would care to share? Trying to find a dependable site and just not sure where to buy from. Price is ranging anywhere from $385-$600. And some show shipping weight from 20-35 pounds. Trying to figure out what the difference is?

Also is there a way to find out the latest model number so I don't get a older one from a site?

Thanks for your help!
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

I just went thru ordering an online cleaner (not the poolcleaner) and it was a real hassle.

I went to the manufacturer's website and made sure of the current model #. Next, I googled that model number and wrote down the phone numbers of about a dozen online sites. About 7 of them failed to return my call and, of the five that did, I simply picked the lowest price because I already new more about the cleaner than they did. (and I had done nothing extensive)

Anyway, I'm pretty comfortable with online ordering just about anything so, since I was getting virtually no customer service, I simply opted for price. If I have an issue, I'll take it up with the manufacturer.

The cleaner arrives Friday....we'll see.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Summersgal -

I just bought a 4-wheel suction 'ThePoolCleaner' from Aqua-Man:

sales@aqua-man.com
    (866) 400-2782 M-F 7am-5pm MST
    Office: (520) 572-9840
    Fax: (520) 572-8479
    SKU: PVN020

The total was $520. $35 of that was shipping. It arrived via FedEx (from Tucson to Va) in 5 days.

It takes about 3 hours to clean the entire floor. I brush and run the poolcleaner on alternating evenings, and I am starting to think I can scale that back and take a night off from cleaning now and then. My walls are not smooth, but this unit still climbs them fairly well. However, it does not climb my fiberglass stairs, but does not hang up on them either. The only part of the job that is really a hassle is dealing with the sectional hose, mainly because I am still under construction (concrete deck and fence) and I don't have a convenient place to store it. Overall, I am quite happy with the way it cleans.

Like Duraleigh, I called several places that never called back. Aqua-Man actually answered the phone with a real person on the second ring. I would order from them again.

(Duraleigh - I thought I got up early ... )
    20x40 IG Vinyl
    33k Gallons
    Triton TR-100 Sand Filter
    Pentair WFDS-6

4. Back To Top    #4

I've ordered a couple items from www.poolsaz.com and talked with them on the phone also. I don't know if they sell what your looking for, but for what I purchased, the Polaris 280 they had a good price.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

5. Back To Top    #5
    I have just purchased the Legend Platinum from the PM Internet Store - $539, no tax, no shipping. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. They look to be on the up and up. I have a tracking # with UPS.

pmsuperstores.com
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

6. Back To Top    #6

Hey summersgal....where did you see the $385 price for the 4-wheel? I'm looking for the 2-wheel and I thought I saw it for around $300 somewhere but now I can't find the website again

-Ken
    KenJ
    Glenside, PA
    16x32 Vinyl IG, 21K Gals
    1 HP, 2 Speed Whisperflo (WFDS-24) pump, Hayward S310T2 (31"!) sand filter
    Jacuzzi 4-Wheel Tracker vacuum; cheap fountain water feature but great for raising pH
    My layout: http://www.geocities.com/irishkenj/pool.jpg

7. Back To Top    #7

Ken

This is the site that i found was around 385..which is actually 389
    http://www.poolplaza.com/C-Poolvergnueg ... aners.html

I just called poolsupplydeals.com...they are suppose to be checking model number. It is different than I have seen so I am also checking on that.

Thanks for all information from everyone!
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

8. Back To Top    #8

AFter making phone calls this is what I found out. I even called the company and talked with the daughter of the owner.

What she tells me any of the 3 that I listed are good company's to buy from. She was also very helpful and answered several questions I had about the cleaner. The best price that I found was with poolplaza and that is where I will be placing my order with tomorrow. The have the cheapest prices that I found.

Ken the 2 wheeler is $372.08 and the Keeper is $49.08

Summersgal

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for the info!
    KenJ
    Glenside, PA
    16x32 Vinyl IG, 21K Gals
    Jacuzzi 4-Wheel Tracker vacuum; cheap fountain water feature but great for raising pH

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    I just went thru ordering an online cleaner (not the poolcleaner) and it was a real hassle.

I went to the manufacturer's website and made sure of the current model #. Next, I googled that model number and wrote down the phone numbers of about a dozen online sites. About 7 of them failed to return my call and, of the five that did, I simply picked the lowest price because I already new more about the cleaner than they did. (and I had done nothing extensive)

Anyway, I'm pretty comfortable with online ordering just about anything so, since I was getting virtually no customer service, I simply opted for price. If I have an issue, I'll take it up with the manufacturer.

The cleaner arrives Friday....we'll see.
    Dave, which cleaner are you going with?

- Josh
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

11. Back To Top    #11

Ordered today and will be here tomorrow! 4 Wheel Pool Cleaner with storage for when not in use--holds cleaner and the hoses!

12. Back To Top    #12

The Poolcleaner / Jacuzzi Tracker

Hi there,

Based on the comments made by several folks on this board I got interested in the Poolcleaner as well. After a bit of searching I ran across the Jacuzzi Tracker (2X and 4X models) and the unit appears identical to the Poolvergnuegen units. From what I understand Poolvergnuegen took over the Jacuzzi line and renamed them. I found a seller online that still stocks and sells the Tracker 4X for $240 and the 2X for $199. I ordered the 4X for our pool to be installed in June so I haven't been able to try it yet. It was delivered to us in Canada in a week.

http://www.inyopools.com/cleaners_jacuzzi.aspx
    40 1/2 x 20 1/2 vinyl inground - 28,011 gals (~106,000 litres)
    All Jandy equipment
    Aquapure SWG; CL580 Cartridge Filter; 1-AquaGenie, 1-skimmer, 1-main drain

13. Back To Top    #13

Re: The Poolcleaner--Onlines sites to buy from?

Just to follow-up,,,,

I went with the Jucuzzi Tracker from inyopools.com. Took quite awhile to actually get it and fortunately they didn't charge my credit card until the day it shipped. It may have taken as many as 5-6 weeks to get it. I ordered the 4-wheel version becasue it was as cheap as the two wheel version of The Poolcleaner.

Works great. The only thing I don't like about it is the little puprple rubber adapter they give you to connect the hose to the suction line. Twice I had that thing get sucked into my 1.5" piping, once o bad I had to I use needle-nose pliers to pull it out and that included breakign off some small pieces before it eventually came out. I am looking for somthing more rigid to replace that thing!

-Ken
    KenJ
    Glenside, PA
    16x32 Vinyl IG, 21K Gals

14. Back To Top    #14

Are these better than the Aquabots or Dolphin robotic cleaners?>
    -inBamaNow

16x32 Hydra Liner, Hayward 24" Pro Sand Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, Hayward CL200, AquaChem Test Kit =[

15. Back To Top    #15

I bought a Poolcleaner Pressure cleaner , paid a drop more , but this site states 30 day money back guarantee, which i would rather do than get stuck with a cleaner i don't like or wouldn't work for my pool.this cleaner does a fabuluos job !! Customer service for Poolvergnuegen is also great !!!

http://www.automatic-pool-cleaners.com/ ... vergnuegen
    33,000 Vinyl Liner IG Pool, Hayward Sand Filter,Hayward Superflo Pump,Auto Pilot Dig 220 w/RC-52 cell, Polaris 9300xi cleaner. 4 wheel Pressure PoolCleaner.

16. Back To Top    #16

Don't forget to check your pool stores also because some have started carrying them. The one I go to said they started carrying them a while ago and haven't taken any back not like most of the others.

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

Any reviews on the cleaner? I sold one to a client. Its the best darn pressure side cleaner I've ever worked with. 10 times better than the polaris 360!

Luke Pools
    caretaker of over 500,000 gallons of water weekly

www.youtube.com/lukepoolservice

18. Back To Top    #18

I have a 4-wheel pressure-side Pool Cleaner and it works for me, but I have it on a dedicated line with my Intelliflo pump running at 15 GPM in the off-hours. I used to have a Letro Legend that required a separate dedicated booster pump and I would say that it cleaned a little better, but I'm saving so much in electricity costs with my current setup that I'm fine with it and just run the Pool Cleaner a little more frequently (every day for a couple of hours). In general, the robotic cleaners do the best, but if you don't have a very challenging cleaning situation then the other cleaners are fine.

I have an opaque electric safety cover on the pool so it only gets dirty when it's open a couple of hours each day so the cleaning challenges are limited (mostly cedar needles and a few leaves). I have a ramp in the pool and sometimes the Pool Cleaner gets hung up near the corner of it when 2 wheels are on the ramp and 2 wheels are off it.

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

19. Back To Top    #19

I just bought the 2x Dark limited edition from barginpoolsupplies.com for $325. Ordered on Wednesday and received on Friday.
    18,000 IG pebbletec with a waterfall and four deck jets. Intelliflow VS3050, Pentair Trinton TR100 sand filter, heater and Pentair Easytouch w/ SWG.

20. Back To Top    #20

In the Industry

pressure cleaners can be a bit pool specific - and an online shop wont offer the same support and advice as local pool professional
    at least finding someone locally - while you may pay slightly more for the cleaner, help is a short phone call away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast