I need to replace the elbow joint that joins the pipe from the pool to the pipe underneath the pump housing. I've already dug up and removed the faulty elbow joint. I just need some tips on installing the replacement.
Is this right?:
1) Place pipe clamps loosely on each pipe
2) Smear some silicone sealant to the outside of the elbow joint and the inside of the two pipes.
3) Insert the elbow joint into both pipes
4) Heat up the pipes with a butane torch.
5) Position the pipe clamps and tighten them.
Here's the hole with the two pipes I have to rejoin:
And where do I place the pipe clamp when tightening it? Here:
Or here? Or doesn't it really matter?: