Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter cover question

1. Back To Top    #1

Augusta, Kansas

Winter cover question

I know it's August and is going to be in the 100s today but I'm a planner and budget person....

We have an Intext 32' x 16' Ultra Frame Pool that we leave up year round. This will be our second winter with our pool. Last winter in Kansas we really didn't have much of a winter - just cold, brown, and WINDY. Unfortunately, Mr. Wind too ahold of our cover ripped it off of 1/2 the pool and basically tore it to shreads.

I've done a bunch of googling and I haven't really found a good replacement - tons for round pools and a "normal" above ground but not much for the rectangle Ultra Frame.

Any suggestions?

15,000 salty gallons - 32' x 16' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winter cover question

How about an inground type pool cover or perhaps a good quality tarp? All depends on your budget. We spent $100 on an amorkote cover and it has now nicely survived two winters and looks primed to go winter #3. That's the first time we've been able to see a cover last more than two seasons.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator