Solar cover woes (windy area)

Nodnarb

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2011
When there is a storm or when the winds pick up, they don't play nice with my IG solar cover.
My blue/green nylon straps have been just about torn in half or they detach from their clipping mechanism.
There are also a number of places where the cover is just ripped with a small section attached to the black plastic screw on.

Any suggestions on strengthening this system?

Do they make straps that are not nylon? Are the lashing straps for ratchet sets made any stronger?
I can put some landscaping on the one end of my pool to help block some of the wind.
I saw another post here they recommended using some stainless steel washers to help reinforce the attachment to the cover.
On the reel itself, I was considering putting a through hole bolt/nut to connect to the reel itself since the self tap screws keep getting yanked.

The first step is to make sure your cover is floating on the surface, and that none of it is curled up at the edges or being held up by the straps. I usually roll my cover and strap it when I know it's going to get windy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.