Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: went to the pool store today

1. Back To Top    #1
    toronto, Ontario, Canada

went to the pool store today

Had to get chlorine it's cheapest at the pool store (10L (bulk)12% for $5) and this women was in front of me. I heard the women at the desk saying - to stop the algae you need to put this bottle of phosfree in your pool "shock" it with this some chlorine powder thingie in a jar that "super shock" or something like that... and add 2 bottles of some sort of "super algae remover" (not sure on the brand - was to busy laughing) so then I heard the amount. and it was a whole $135!!!! I was liok ***!!!! I dont think i spend that in a year in chlorine (this is year one with BBB) but then realized had I not found this web site that would of been me!!
    I gladly gave my $10 for 20L of 12% chlorine and am good for another couple weeks of a shiny clean pool!
    13500 gallon AG, build late 90's, Hayward S220T sand filter,1Hp aqua coastal
    Gasser BBQ broilmate 155154 LP, Smoker CGK (akorn)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Antelope, CA

Re: went to the pool store today

i had almost the same experience that last time I was in the store getting my test kit.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3
    Albany, NY

Re: went to the pool store today

I had them test my water last time i went for a part ...... my ph was 7.8 ... they had 6.8 and my CYA was 30 ... they had it at 0!
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner