White Water

Jul 26, 2012
Hello everyone.

I am getting ready to make myself look like a fool, but I am real good at doing just that.

I had an algae issue with my pool (in sig) and after finding this site and reading, I was able to clear it up. I got the pool to hold chlorine overnight with less than 1ppm loss and it was looking great. I went down south for a 5 days and I had my neighbor checking my numbers and chlorinating for me as needed. I got home and my water is white. No floating particles or anything. I pulled the filter to wash it and it was squeaky clean, minus the average 2 days use. I used his test kit to test my water since I do not have one yet and the numbers were spot on and yet the water is still white. I do fully intend on getting a test kit but am going to take the pool down in 3 weeks so we can move down South further, so kind of saving the money for now. By looking at the pics, is this fixable so I can get use out of it for 3 more weeks? If not, I'll just drain it and scrub it all up nice and clean now.

pool1.jpg

pool2.jpg

There is no slimy feeling at all on the sides or bottom or the ladder of the pool. I scrub it daily since the pool is so small. The water does not stink and does not burn the skin or leave it feeling bad at all.

Thanks in advance either way.

Yeah Ill see if I can get him to let me use it one more time to get good numbers. Like a bone head, I forgot to write them down when I tested it.

I did originally keep it up to shock level for about a week and half or so. I guess it is back up to that level for a bit longer if the wife decides to not just drain it. I hate to keep pouring money in to it just to drain it in 3 weeks and start from scratch after I get moved.

Well folks, sorry to take so long to reply back again, but I ended up taking down the pool since I am getting ready to move anyhow.

However, I did find out what was most of my water issue, I had some local kids here dumping stuff in the pool on me and apparently, it had been going on for a little while now. I walked outside to catch two kids dumping something in one was a real thick blue liquid type of stuff and another was pouring a soda in. 2 boys decided it would be a good idea to toss bricks and cinder blocks from under my porch in it as well and a piece of lumber or two. Imagine the surprise the parents had on their faces when the cops called them to come and get their kids! The good thing is the cop scared the kids and they told all and how long they had been doing it for.

Luckily enough, I had no holes in the pool liner from the bricks or blocks or lumber.... somehow.

Lesson learned: When a village ordinance says you need a fence up, do not play a wise guy and put up a 4 foot tall orange plastic snow fence. Build a real fence to keep local juveniles out. To bad things are like this now. When I was that young, BOY would I have been sore for days if I got caught doing something like that. I suppose they all got a "Time Out" when they got home.

P.S. I have yet to determine what the thick blue stuff was. It is even all over my grass, well, my burnt brown straw looking wanna be grass.

I had a big American Bulldog back there and he bit my step dad so I had him put to sleep for fear of hurting kids.

I originally had 3 pit bulls back there. they were great dogs and real gentle. No one ever came in the yard because they were scared to death of the dogs lol I used to laugh. They all 3 got old on me and passed away.

I will gladly let you know what the blue stuff was if I figure it out. It kind of reminds me of the blue glue you put on brakes pads on a car. Cops wouldn't allow me to talk to the kids to ask them anything.

They aren't mean, they just don't like kids much. Any kids get near my fence and they go nuts. It is a common trait for border collies to not be very kid friendly. The B/W one is 1/2 Australian Shepherd.

dogs.jpg

ginger-1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.