Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool testing habits reminds me of HPT testing...

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool testing habits reminds me of HPT testing...

I already am thinking that this Walmart brand tester isn't enough for me.... think I will splurge and buy a better tester. Which one do you all recmd? My current tester levels for CL only go to 5 and PH only go to 8.2

I am sorta obsessive about testing and we just put in the pool last week I was panicking over my lack of finding the CYA in the beginning, but that has been solved thanks to a poster named Chuck

So regarding the HPT's....If anyone knows someone (or have yourself been guilty of this-if you are a woman), HPT's (home pregnancy tests) if you are TTC (trying to conceive) or newly pregnant can be obsessive like checking your CL PH levels... I am way past that now, have grandkids and children are growing up, but reminds me of years back

Just thought I'd share with those of you that know what this means...
    "VegMaPa" in the Midwest - a "NEWBIE"-opened pool July 2012
    AG Silverstone 24' Round x 52" -13,500GAL VINYL -ABOVE GROUND
    ClearWater Cartridge Filter CW65XL100SDBH (or is it W90, W120?) -Vortex XL150S 1.5HP Pump
    Hayward LP Gas Heater H150 .....LOVE TFP, crystal clear pool going on our 4th year!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool testing habits reminds me of HPT testing...

Just gotta figure out your bbt and get that charted too... wonder if they make little pink thermometers for pool? I would suggest ordering the tf-100. It sounds like you need to fuel your testing desires and knowledge is power! You won't regret it!
    Vogue Vectra 30' Round (21,200 gallons), Waterway 2HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter - TF100 -- Southern IL - Install 06/2012
    Last minute upgrade from 27' due to error in dealer inventory *yikes*

3. Back To Top    #3

BethyM Too funny! We should come up with a PINK line of products
    ClearWater Cartridge Filter CW65XL100SDBH (or is it W90, W120?) -Vortex XL150S 1.5HP Pump
    Hayward LP Gas Heater H150 .....LOVE TFP, crystal clear pool going on our 4th year!

4. Back To Top    #4

this post made me lol . when i had to shock the pool and get up before sunrise to test the FC, it always reminded me of early morning temperature taking.

I have six kids, ages 14,12,10,8,6,4...you get the picture!

~theresa
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

5. Back To Top    #5

I too can understand the relation to testing... took my Hubby and I 5 years to have our son. I never did the temperatures but did the OPT much of the time as well as watching for other "signs" of ovulation.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

We can relate ladies

Have been on both ends ttc and tta. My oldest is 31, my youngest 8 (6!). Now you know my age! My 8yo is not DE so doesn't take much to figure it out

Done the tta with the BBT too.

You men confused now?

LOVE LOVE having a pool. My husband was behind the push for a pool. Bummed that our season in the midwest will soon be over, but already looking forward to next summer

I have always been a bit alternative compared to mainstream so the BBB method suites me too! Proud of my sparkling pool.... er um well "our" pool. Can't forget my great husband that did most of the initial work

7. Back To Top    #7

Some men are following along, it took us 12 years to conceive our DD. The weirdest part for me was the "command" performances when no one was really in the mood but the tests said NOW.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

@techguy - My husband would agree.

Anything past a few yrs ttc is REALLY tough all the way around.

The end result of having a family is

~Love knowing that our pool will bring family, friends and fun together~

...still in pool owner's heaven, plan on staying there with BBB