Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Build - Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build - Questions

Hello all,

This forum is awesome. I have couple questions before my build.

Does anyone see a problem with building an island on crushed granite composite. That is very available here in central Texas. I think it would make a pretty stable base. Considering putting pavers on the granite but prefer the look of the crushed granite. See picture.

Also for water supply to the cold water sink, can I tap into a main sprinkler line as opposed to running it from an outdoor faucet?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,000 gallon IGP, 50 sqft, infinity edge spa - 8 jets, 3 water pots and 2 bubblers
    SWG - Pentair IC40: Delta UV Filter ES Series; Pentair Quad DE 100 Filter; 1 Pentair Intelliflow VSP VS3050; 1 Pentair Whisperflow for water pots and bubblers; Pentair EasyTouch 4 remote; Pentair Intellibrites LED (white) - 2 in pool and 1 in spa; Pentair Master Temp 400 heater; Pebblesheen Finish

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build - Questions

Quote Originally Posted by utell
    Hello all,

This forum is awesome. I have couple questions before my build.

Does anyone see a problem with building an island on crushed granite composite. That is very available here in central Texas. I think it would make a pretty stable base. Considering putting pavers on the granite but prefer the look of the crushed granite. See picture.

Also for water supply to the cold water sink, can I tap into a main sprinkler line as opposed to running it from an outdoor faucet?

Thanks,
    Eric
    I am not familiar with crushed granite composite. Do you tamp it? Does it get hard? I see no problem in tapping into any cold water source unless theres a timer before your connection.
    17,000 gal inground
    vinyl
    swg
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump

3. Back To Top    #3

My sprinkler guys said it is not safe to use a sprinkler line for any water that may be consumed. Had something to do with a possibility of the water in a sprinkler line becoming contaminated with fertalizer animal waste etc. I would just bury a pvc pipe underground and run it close to an outdoor faucet and hook it up to a splitter so you can still use the faucet for other things also.
    35,000 gal, 3.5-9ft with diving board. Jandy CV580 filter, 2hp 2 speed motor, Pentair Ultra Temp 120 H/C heat pump. Pentair IC60 swg.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks all.

Yes crushed granite gets tamped down. It makes a great base for pavers in this area.

Thanks for the advice on the sprinkler line. I was thinking about that might be a concern - not worth the risk.
    20,000 gallon IGP, 50 sqft, infinity edge spa - 8 jets, 3 water pots and 2 bubblers
    SWG - Pentair IC40: Delta UV Filter ES Series; Pentair Quad DE 100 Filter; 1 Pentair Intelliflow VSP VS3050; 1 Pentair Whisperflow for water pots and bubblers; Pentair EasyTouch 4 remote; Pentair Intellibrites LED (white) - 2 in pool and 1 in spa; Pentair Master Temp 400 heater; Pebblesheen Finish