Where the heck is my Chlorine??

AquaDoctorLLC

In The Industry
OK, I posted a few days ago about the milky water coming out of my returns at a commercial pool of mine. Called Hayward and they said it was metals in the water. Nuked it with Metal Klear from Sea Klear and that fixed the milky problem BUT I have 0 chlorine in pool

FC - 0.0
TC - 0.0
pH - 7.5
TA - 80
CH - 240
CYA - 80
Phosphates - 200 Added 1/2 quart of Phosphate remover tonight.

I know the manual says it's best to start with a chlorine level. But I should have some ch in the water.

I circumvented the flow sensor and placed the cell in a 5 gallon bucket of water & in less then a minute had a 15 ppm level in the bucket, so I know the cell is working. I have it set at 100% now and will check it in the AM but I'm stumped.

Thanks for any input.

Reestablish your chlorine with bleach. It will be difficult for the SWG to bring your FC up on it's own. If you get the FC up with bleach and the SWG still can't maintain the correct FC level you likely have an algae bloom.

You need to shock the pool to burn off whatever it is that is using up your chlorine.

Situations like this are actually fairly common. Don't assume that the SWG can take care of it on it's own. You need to manually add chlorine to shock level until you can maintain an appropriate FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.