Nature 2 Filter Leaking

Jul 30, 2012
I am on my second leaking Nature 2 filter this summer. I have the filter located approximately two feet out on the return line. Both times, the leak is not around the connection, but actually at the top of the filter. I have a Polaris pump located another two feet after the filter. I have my suspicions that the pump pulls too much pressure on the filter, hence the leaks. Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so. please share! Thanks!

This does not sound correct to me. The pump should not be pulling water through the filter and nature 2. The pump should be the first thing from the pool, then the filter, then the nature 2.

On a side note, we do not recommend you use the mineral packs that go in some of the nature products add they can result in staining and green hair.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

We've had several reports of the o-rings in the Nature² giving problems. It appears that the elastomer of the o-rings gets attacked by the gas that accumulates in the canister. I'm going from memory and I don't recall if there's a permanent fix offered by Zodiac or not. You can search for nature2 oring and you should be able to find something. A permanent fix would be a teflon encapsulated or solid teflon o-ring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.