Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Krystal Clear filter

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Intex Krystal Clear filter

Is the Intex Krytal Clear 1600 GPH sufficient for my 18 X 48" ultra frame? I hope so, lol, I just ordered one. They dropped the price $100. So I decided not to wait til next year to get one. It's almost half off!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Krystal Clear filter

I've been running that in my intex 18' pool and its working great. I run it about 8 hours a day and it seems to filter it all just fine. You will love it over the paper filter.
    6500 gal, Intex 18'x48" above ground, 1hp Pro Sand Filter, TF100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Good to know. I have been able to keep my pool clear all year with the sub-par filter that came with it, but I want it as clear as the pics I see on here, lol. I couldn't pass it up at 129.99! In fact, I ordered one for a neighbor, who I am working on converting to BBB. he had mentioned he was looking for a filter for his smaller Intex, and I looked up the filter to tell him about it and saw the price drop. He was checking at the PS, and I didn't want him to pay more for a filter than he did the pool! I just wanted to make sure it was enough for the 18 foot Intex, it doesn't really say on WM's website.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, I bought mine at full price (didn't know walmart did these huge price drops). Oh well, I have one and it works great so I guess it was worth the full amount.
    6500 gal, Intex 18'x48" above ground, 1hp Pro Sand Filter, TF100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

My plan was to get it over the winter. I couldn't pass it up at that price. I happened to notice they had the 18' ultr frame for $150. Less online than I paid in late spring, but they are out of stock. Win some, lose some, lol.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Got my filter installed this afternoon. Took my 13 y/o son and I about 45 minutes to get it up and running. Was proud of myself! Quieter than I expected. I even got one of the bags of sand for half off. Can't wait for it to run a few hours!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Can't believe how clear it is now! I thought it was clear before the install, I was wrong! One question... What kind of vacuum can I get that will Hook up to it correctly? I borrowed a friend's vacuum, and it seems the hose is too small. I have some dirt on the bottom the kids drug in, and also from the cover getting Put in the sand.

8. Back To Top    #8

PA Girl
    the intex over the wall skimmers are prettty much useless for vacuuming the pool, so i went out and bought the pool blaster catfish ultra and it works excellent. i fought with the over the wall skimmer and their vac attachment for 2 months, pump would lose prime because of air in the vac hose and it was a real p.i.t.a. Menards has the catfish ultrra for 99 dollars and i love it, but now i installed a thru wall skimmer and hard plumbed mine and the regular vac works awesome, but still use the catfish for quick touch ups.....Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all