Bizzare stains

Bobswe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2012
Cinnaminson NJ
About 5 years ago I got a new liner for my pool. I have a metals issue which has since periodically stained my liner and I deal with it accordingly but I've noticed when my liner starts to stain I have 3 1 inch by 4 inch rectangles that stain first. They are perfect rectangles. Why would these sections stain first? I know its not one of the higher end liners and we weren't happy with the company that installed it. The questions not why my liner stains but why these sections stand out when they do. Any ideas?

There are lots of possibilities. There will always be spots that are the first spots to stain, though it is unusual for them to be rectangular. If there was something underneath the vinyl at that point which was different than the rest of the wall, that could do it. Even slight temperature differences can affect the chances of a spot staining, and a different material under the liner would often cause a temperature change. But really there is no telling without looking behind the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.