Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: another happy convert

1. Back To Top    #1

another happy convert

Since converting to BBB (or really should I just say B since everything else has been pretty much on the money), shocking once and maintaining proper FC with Walmart bleach, and testing with the TF100, I haven't had a single problem with my pool. Such a relief from when I was dumping so much money into chemicals at my pool store and still having poor results. Even went away for a few days when it was very hot, and based on my findings searching here (although I was tempted to start a new thread since that seems like a popular thing to do) came back to a crystal clear pool.

As I stated in my intro thread, the thing that sent me over the edge was being told "nobody knows why chlorine demand happens, it just does". Part of me wants to go back there and tell them the mystery has been solved.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I just wanted to say how happy I am and not just use this place to state my problems.
    ~25k gallon, IG,Vinyl, Sta-Rite System3 Cartridge Filter, Installed June 2010

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: another happy convert

Good to hear

Enjoy your clear pool all summer
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote Originally Posted by puckerth
    "nobody knows why chlorine demand happens, it just does"
    Translation: "I have no idea what chlorine does, but as long as you buy stuff from me, at least one of us is happy"
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Chicago, IL

I was lucky enough to find this website when I ran into pump issues, which was before I had any chemical troubles and before I spent a boatload of money on pool chemicals (I only spent a boatload on having a guy come to "open" my pool, which amounted to draining it, wishing me good luck, and bad chemical advice). The bather load is light as my daughters are too young to swim on their own, so it doesn't get used much during the week. I've done nothing but test the water about every other day, pour in some bleach, and vacuum once a week and things have been stable and the water crystal clear.

The pool came with the house and I was certain it was going to be a time and money waster, but thanks to this site it could not be any easier and now I even know enough to help others out. Not bad for a guy who knew nothing about pools as recently as mid-June.
    Dedicated TFPer since 2012 with recommended test kit
    Above ground, 30 foot round pool, 21,000 gallons
    Hayward 150 sq foot cartridge filter, 1HP Waterway pump
    Raypak 400K BTU NG Heater!
    Installed in 2006? (just a guess, pool came with house I purchased in June 2012)

5. Back To Top    #5

As an engineer I love knowing how things work, I'm frugal (with certain things), and I enjoy doing things myself. So really this site is the trifecta for me.
    ~25k gallon, IG,Vinyl, Sta-Rite System3 Cartridge Filter, Installed June 2010