New Pool Build in Central CA

Plaster Prep

Crew came and pressure washed the deck, installed equipment and prepped the pool for plaster last week and everything passed final inspection. We were hoping for plaster last Friday (8/2) but no dice as the inspector held us up

9f28ea96.jpg

5d7ed0c8.jpg

Pool fence went in yesterday (8/8) Wasn't sure how it would look, but we are really happy how it came out.

fd4f99ce.jpg

47688224.jpg

Yeah Plaster!

Finally the day has arrived! Plaster!

Crew was here at 6:30, good thing too it's supposed to be 108 today

696b2423.jpg

0c7167aa.jpg

6b7c931f.jpg

63cc601a.jpg

Got it knocked out quick, first hose went in at 11 and I added a couple more hoses for good measure.....

d881b255.jpg

22760f82.jpg

236d4314.jpg

Very happy with how it all came out, now the challenge will be to keep the kids at bay until it's ready for swimming!

It's been a week since we filled the pool, got all the sprinklers done, and landscaping in.

Filling the pool was interesting in that we saw how funky our local tap water really is (we are on city well water but it is not chlorinated)

My son and I figured if we watched it would fill faster!

file.jpg

All full, Beautiful isn't it?

file-4.jpg

Cheated and took a little dip in the swamp the night before startup :cool:

file-5.jpg

Pool was filled Thurs 8/9 and the PB started up on 8/10, took about three days to clear the water. Everything is running good and the water is crystal clear. PB maintains the pool for the first 3 months for free, but part of me wants to be doing it myself, I guess i'll let them take care of it in case of any problems.

Final results

file-3.jpg

file-9.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-7.jpg

And the most important one-

file-2.jpg

We are extremly pleased with how it turned out and with our overall experience with our PB. Timing was great too, hasnt been under a 100 since we filled it!

We love our little pool with it's "vintage" white plaster finish and look forward to many great experiences in our newly upgraded back yard.

That look great :cheers:

carter93230 said:
PB maintains the pool for the first 3 months for free, but part of me wants to be doing it myself, I guess i'll let them take care of it in case of any problems.
I would ask to be in the loop on what they are adding, how much, and when...maybe even ask for a log to be kept. You do not want to be left with a pool high in cya that you have to do a partial/drain refill to! From what I read of others experiences, a good pool builder does not necessary make a good pool chemist.

linen said:
That look great :cheers:

carter93230 said:
PB maintains the pool for the first 3 months for free, but part of me wants to be doing it myself, I guess i'll let them take care of it in case of any problems.
I would ask to be in the loop on what they are adding, how much, and when...maybe even ask for a log to be kept. You do not want to be left with a pool high in cya that you have to do a partial/drain refill to! From what I read of others experiences, a good pool builder does not necessary make a good pool chemist.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I have a TF 100 kit too so I will be shadowing, PB has a pool service but they did start out the pool on tablets, I really don't want draining the pool to be annual maintenance item!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.