Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie questions

Hello all,

I am a total newbie since the pool is 1 month old...

I would like to use SWG because I like the idea and I don't like the chlorine pellets

My plumbing has been done in 63mm pipe (2.5 inch) and I seem to find a lot of SWG in 2, if I use a 2inch system it will reduce the overall water flow, correct ? Are there some units operating in 2.5 inch version ?

Knowing that my pool is around 20K gallons which system would you recommend based on the fact that it MUST run in 220 VAC (no 110 in Europe), I have looked at the aquarite systems and they seem to be fine but expensive, i'm not convinced that the auto ph units are that good (anyone uses them) and the circupool products seems to be cheaper and better, are they really ?

Thanks for all the help
    60k liter made of concrete, resin on top and sand on top of the resin :)
    Looking for a salt solution....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie questions

Using a 50mm unit on 63mm piping will reduce the flow a little but not even enough to notice. I wouldn't worry about that.

The Compupool and Circupool units seem to be pretty good units. Make sure the unit you choose is capable of running on 50hz also.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Newbie questions

Ok, thanks for the pipe size indication.

Is there a difference between the RJ45 and the CPSC36 ?

I read that the CPSC is the "older version" of the RJ45 ? If yes what are the "news" and improvements ?

Thanks
    60k liter made of concrete, resin on top and sand on top of the resin :)
    Looking for a salt solution....