Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! - Deposits!

1. Back To Top    #1

Philadelphia, PA

Help! - Deposits!

The following pics are from our 36,000 gallon, freeform gunite pool, running a hayward SWG. there are only deposits under the waterfall from the spa.
    Latest numbers (today)
    pH 7.8
    TA 100 (I have been aerating and adding acid to lower, usually running 80-90)
    CH 330
    FC 3.5
    CC 0.5
    CYA 75
    I am increasing the swg chlorinator to bring up chlorine to 6, but noticed these deposits. Any ideas? Also, cleaning suggestions, not worried about stone, but do not want to destroy my tile!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Olney, MD

Re: Help! - Deposits!

Looks like iron. Check this out

You could always take a sample to the poolstore to test for iron. Maybe take a sample of fill water as well, particularly if it is from a well.

It could be partially due to your pH being on the high side.
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Help! - Deposits!

If you are referring to the white deposits on your tile and stone, it looks like efflorescence. See link...likely-calcium-deposits-t4616.html?hilit=efflorescence
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT