Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I use Simple Blue products.alkalinity and oh

1. Back To Top    #1

I use Simple Blue products.alkalinity and oh

Alkalinity and ph weren't registering. I shocked the pool, added alkalinity 10# and 3# ph. Alkalinity came up but still low. Went back and they gave me a10# ph bag. Pol became cloudy but still not registering ph. Used clarifier, pool now clear after 5 days but still minimum ph. Help

2. Back To Top    #2
    Portland, Oregon

Re: I use Simple Blue products.alkalinity and oh

Do you see that white button at the top of every TFP page that says Pool School? Click it. Read it all, and especially the parts about shocking your pool. The way you've been doing things isn't anything like what we teach at TFP, which as you've found doesn't always work. The information in Pool School will confuse at first, so do take the time to read it more than a few times over (we all had to do this!).
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3
    toronto, Ontario, Canada

i cznt find "simple blue" are you talking about "simply blue"?
    13500 gallon AG, build late 90's, Hayward S220T sand filter,1Hp aqua coastal
    Gasser BBQ broilmate 155154 LP, Smoker CGK (akorn)

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Please post a full set of test results and tell us how you got them.

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!