New Pool Build - Plumbing questions

Jul 29, 2012
Builder hasn't been back to see the end result of the plumbing yet, but so far he's ignored my other plumbing concerns without actually looking directly at the issue, which was already covered in dirt.

So I'm reaching out to everybody here to see if this is going to be an issue in the long term. The pipes were installed at angles and are currently hovering above the soil, so I'm concerned about long term stress loads after backfilling, decking, and future soil movements. I don't think the pictures do it justice, but is this a valid concern?

Attachments

• plumbing4.JPG
    plumbing4.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 140
  • plumbing2.JPG
    plumbing2.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 139
  • plumbing1 (2).JPG
    plumbing1 (2).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 139
I live in an area with a lot of soil movement (Houston, TX area), as can be seen in the sidewalks and foundations all over the area after the drought last summer, so my main concern after the initial backfill and deck pouring is soil movement. We had the plumbing at the water meter break last year, so it is a concern in my mind.

I'm no plumber, but I just don't get the feeling that this is normal. The plumbers had to come back to re-route the plumbing due to their initial laziness that they didn't get away with, so my guess is they didn't put much effort into it.

JasonLion said:
That is common enough and does not normally pose any long term problems.

Thanks, Jason. Sorry, I didn't see your post before I responded. It makes me a little more comfortable, but I don't have a lot of trust in contractors from my previous experiences over the years, so I tend to second-guess everything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.