Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP>>> DE filter and pump options

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP>>> DE filter and pump options

Sorry to start another thread but I have narrowed down my new system to a DE setup for my 21ft round AGP. Now I have a couple of options. There is a Pentair DE system. Comes with the tank, and 1hp Optiflow pump W/twist lock cord.

Now the next is the Hayward EC40 with the 1hp Matrix pump.

There is also a Starite system, but I believe it is a little to big for my pool.

Anyone have any of these set ups? I am fimilar with the Hayward because my local pool store has this on the floor. I have not seen the pentair in person yet. Decisions, decisions!
    Lomart 21ft round 11,000 gal 52"
    Hayward EC40 Perflex DE filter
    1hp Hayward Powerflo Matrix with micro timer
    Pool Rover JR ABG pool Vacuum (The best)

Back up pump and filter
    Spectra 3 sand filter/ Promega 1 horse pump with timer

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sacramento, California

Re: HELP>>> DE filter and pump options

My two cents would be go for the Pentair or Sta-Rite. I've had much better luck with Pentair filters and pumps.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Antelope, CA

Re: HELP>>> DE filter and pump options

I have an EC 50 with my 21 round, see my sig for details. I have had zero issues with it in 7 seasons. I really enjoy the clear water I get!

This is looking down my wall with 48 inches of water, surface ripples are seen as swirls

-- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100