Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaking at the seam

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaking at the seam

The lower seam is leaking. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leaking at the seam

How much of the seam?
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Lost almost a foot in 4 hours. The stream is half the size of a #2 pencil.

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have a patch kit? and/or some extra liner?
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

That'll work there? And yes.

6. Back To Top    #6

I don't think you could patch a very large section, but a hole a few inches long shouldn't be an issue. Read this over for some directions.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/hole-...r%20in%20liner

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by J20832
    I don't think you could patch a very large section, but a hole a few inches long shouldn't be an issue. Read this over for some directions.

thank you!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by J20832

so I successfully patched that hole and low and behold about a foot away a quarter sized hole popped up and then it split to 6-8 inches. The pool is done and I feel bad for the kids but I refuse to buy a new one with only a couple to 3 months tops left for swimming season before the 3-4 month off season. I guess you get what you pay for. I was deployed and the wife got the pool from big lots. Lesson learned. Next year will be an intex ultra frame pool. I hear they are much sturdier.

9. Back To Top    #9

Check your local Craigslist... you might find some screaming deal there.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

How much better are the ultra frame pools?

11. Back To Top    #11

If I were getting a new, multi season Intex, it would be an ultra frame with a skimmer and a sand filter. I had EasySet and I am beyond that. I don't care for the u- tubed sack pools but is likely preference vs knowledge.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

12. Back To Top    #12

The Intex metal frame 15'-4' is on sale at Walmart.com for $229.00. That is cheap.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by techguy
    If I were getting a new, multi season Intex, it would be an ultra frame with a skimmer and a sand filter. I had EasySet and I am beyond that. I don't care for the u- tubed sack pools but is likely preference vs knowledge.
    yeah I'm sure come the turn of the year in going with the 18'x9' ultra frame pool. It sucks because now I have a swg that was hooked up for three weeks that'll have to sit till next spring.