Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question on FC and CC

1. Back To Top    #1

Question on FC and CC

When I do my chlorine test (taylor k2006) and im at the cc phase, I put the 5 drops in and it doesn't turn pink. I know that I have algea etc.. If I let the sample sit for about 10 mins or so it will turn pink. Is this normal or is it supposed to turn back to pink right away?
    26000 igp hayward sand filter 1.5 hp pump 4 returns 2 skimmers 2 main drains interfab extreme2 water slide taylor k2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question on FC and CC

If you have at least .5 ppm of CC, then it will turn pink right away (assuming you are using a 10ml sample). Your CC is probably just burning off quickly in direct sunlight.
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

yes using 10ml sample. CYA is 70 and FC at 28.5 for shocking purposes. Why would water be cloudy if there is no CC? Just b/c of CYA level? Been draining and replacing water periodically and moved away from trichlor to straight bleach 6%.
    26000 igp hayward sand filter 1.5 hp pump 4 returns 2 skimmers 2 main drains interfab extreme2 water slide taylor k2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You can have dead algae and silt clouding up your pool. As the chlorine sanitizes, CC is formed, but if your pool is uncovered and exposed to direct sunlight, the CC can burn off very quickly. Do the same testing overnight as in the overnight chlorine loss test and you will likely have CC.

Also, make sure you dip your sample from deep in your pool (a few feet down if you can) and not just skimming a sample off the top (where there is more direct sunlight).
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

You don't necessarily "have to have" any CC at all to have live algae. It is usally a byproduct of killing it or ammonia or other contaminants in the pool.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!