Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ph decreaser

1. Back To Top    #1

ph decreaser

Can i use ph decreaser that is made for spas? I bought it by accident. It says its 91% sodium bisulfate but it also contains mineral crystals. Also when i go to put it in the pool calculator what percentage is it for me to determine how much to put in. Do i just follow the directions on the back which state for 800 gallons and a ph of 7.6 to 7.8 you add 1.5 tsp. I have an intex 12 ft pool with approx 1900 gallons and i run the filter 24/7 that came with it. so far my water has been crystal clear and i have been dumping about 2 cups of household bleach to it every other day. My chlorine right now is 2.4 so i added 2 cups this morning and my ph is 7.8. I am very new at this. Also i bought small pool sanitizer last year for my kiddie pool and its granular so if i want to use that instead of bleach to use it up how do i determine how much i need to put in?
    Its also by hth.

Thank you so much!
    Bboran
    2000gallon intex ag, 530gph cartridge filter,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ph decreaser

Mineral crystals??? What does the label say?
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

it just says on the bottle contains mineral crystals for a relaxing spa experience but the active ingredients are just the sodium bisultate of 91%. The inert ingredients are 9% Maybe i better not use it and just go get ph decreased made for pools?
    Bboran
    2000gallon intex ag, 530gph cartridge filter,

4. Back To Top    #4

Bump.

My Lowe's has this on clearance for $0.50 !..
    32K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5HP Hayward SuperPump variable speed, Hayward S244S sand filter, TF-100 test kit, AquaRite SWG - T15
    Hayward H400FDN heater, DirtDevil (Hayward TigerShark?) robot, Pool Blaster Max, 1.5" PVC, 2 skimmers, dual drain, 3 returns

5. Back To Top    #5

You can lower pH in your pool using plain old full strength muriatic acid. There is no reason to buy anything more expensive.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

What is cheaper than 50 cents ?!?
    32K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5HP Hayward SuperPump variable speed, Hayward S244S sand filter, TF-100 test kit, AquaRite SWG - T15
    Hayward H400FDN heater, DirtDevil (Hayward TigerShark?) robot, Pool Blaster Max, 1.5" PVC, 2 skimmers, dual drain, 3 returns

7. Back To Top    #7

49 cents

John
    IG 33K Gallons 20'X40', Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter S310T2 (zeolite), Pentair Intelliflo 3HP SVRS Pump