So I dove into the shallow end. Warning Graphic Content.

Oct 17, 2011
Denton, TX
So this weekend, I was working insane hours trying to meet a deadline.
I finally succeeded in the wee hours.

Near the end of my work, I poured a strong drink, and upon accomplishing my goals, I threw caution to the wind along with my clothes, ran out in the backyard and did the most amazing swan dive into the 4ft area.

My flight through the air was a thing of beauty, arcing at the top and bending in half at the apex.
I straightened my self out and positioned my body to create the least amount of splash.

I entered the water, breaking the surface without creating a single ripple on the surface.

Then I plunged to the depths passing through 1 feet, 2 feet, further and fur THUD!!!!

I apologize for the graphic image, and I am actually fine but I surfaced thinking what if I had gotten knocked out, broken my neck / back, etc.

Remind your little ones (and drunk friends) to be careful.

Click here to see image.

This image is fairly graphic, not everyone will want to see it. JasonLion

In the end it was a small cut (about inch and a half) but it was very deep and I had a knot the size of a golf ball for 2 days.
but the important thing was I showed this pic to a friend and she said.

"That was sooo stupid, I have an uncle that is paralyzed form the middle of his back down because he did the same thing. Had nobody else been in the pool with him he would have drowned."

So when my kids are a little bit older and don;t follow the rules, they will likely be shown this photo and hear the story of my friend's uncle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.