Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ultraset 15x48 well water fun

1. Back To Top    #1

ultraset 15x48 well water fun

Good old smelly, florida well water, full of iron and sulfer.

My numbers as follows:
    ph 2
    tc 2
    freec 2
    total alk 110
    calcium hardness 50

And the story.....filled pool, water looked clear with a green tint. PH was way low, added phplus.

Then added liquid chlrine, turned to dark brown water, filtered thru socks added to return line from cartridge filter.

Also tried metal out.

Progressed to a pretty green colored water, and now that the chlorine is about gone, the water is yellow.

The pool was a gift, or so I thought. I am not financially situated to support any chemical companies !!

Any suggestions before I list it on craigs ??

Thanks all.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ultraset 15x48 well water fun

Read PoolSchool above. It gives lots of good information. If you use the tips given here on the forum you will find that you can keep your pool clear using things from your local grocery store or WalMart (not supplies found in the pool aisle either).

They will suggest you buy a good test kit as most pool stores are unreliable and want to sell you chemicals. Test strips are not accurate enough to allow you to do what you need to do.

Don't give up -- start reading.

Post pics of your water if you can.
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks,

I have been reading, that's why all their products are still on the shelf.

Looking for the cord to plug my brownie camera in, to post pictures.

I shall return..

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

pool for sale .....cheap !

6. Back To Top    #6

lol, well...

Looks like you have nice clear green water. Does it get greener when you add bleach?

I'm also confused over your pH result of 2. That's not an appropriate pH result. How did you get the test results? What have you used to chlorinate? Do you have an estimated CYA result?

A full set of current test results would help us help you.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

7. Back To Top    #7

Fixed your link

-- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Since you know you have metals in the water, a sequestrant is what you need to fix it. I am not a metals pro but it seems like you have a pretty good looking pool there. Keep your pH in line, get your Chlorine in the right ranges for your CYA level and you should be able to enjoy.

I am not even sure you must fix the metals, it just changes the color of the water.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

If you have gone from brown, to green, to yellow tinting...that means your filter is filtering out the metals I would not add anything at this point and let the filter and the socks do there work.

You may be one of the lucky few that can filter your metals out ( I am another).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by jtrnr1951
    Progressed to a pretty green colored water, and now that the chlorine is about gone, the water is yellow.
    Oops I missed this...continue chlorinating. If your tint does not continue to lessen while maintain normal FC levels (but I would give it a chance), then you will need a sequestrant as mentioned in:http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...metal%20stains
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.