Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Umbrella Holders ??

1. Back To Top    #1

Umbrella Holders ??

Has anyone ever used or no if they even make any type of umbrella holders that can be installed into my existing cement in various areas around
    the perimeter of my pool ? I would imagine they are out there, ones that you can core drill a 1"-2" hole and drop the holder in place to be flush with the decking
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Umbrella Holders ??

http://www.harborfreight.com/movers-dolly-93888.html

Put your umbrella on this and move it to desire location and call it a day. Drilling your deck then have a cover plates for each and every holes? Your deck may look like Swiss cheese by the time your done with it. Give it a try, if it doesn't work, at least you have a dolly and its always useful to have around the house.
    Lets go swimming! Wait, is the water 88*F?
    -----------------
    10k gallons - Kidney Shape pool complete with 5-zone Caretaker 99 in-ground cleaner, Hayward Clear Plus Filter, CX900RE Filter, Hayward Pump, 2HP Marathon Motor, AutoPilot SWCG, Hayward Navigator Pro Cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Our deck has one sleeve centered in the likely spots, large round areas on either end of the pool, plus one on either end of the spa. Most have lost their caps, who cares?
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    Our deck has one sleeve centered in the likely spots, large round areas on either end of the pool, plus one on either end of the spa. Most have lost their caps, who cares?
    Any idea where to get the sleeves , were yours put in after the cement was installed at a later date or when it was poured ? I'm not concerned about the caps at all , I'm looking to only have 2-3 around the perimeter of my decking in the larger areas ....

Put your umbrella on this and move it to desire location and call it a day. Drilling your deck then have a cover plates for each and every holes? Your deck may look like Swiss cheese by the time your done with it. Give it a try, if it doesn't work, at least you have a dolly and its always useful to have around the house.
    Thanks for the idea but the dolly would be a little tackeee dont ya think
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....