cya ???????????

May 13, 2012
I am having problems with my cya. I tested this morning and got a 50 I was outside in the sun with my back to the sun, I tested this afternoon again outside but there was no sun to much cloud coverage and came up with around a 30. I know the 50 was rite this morning cause I poured the solution back in the bottle and checked it about four times and it always came out to 50. Does the sun make that much of a difference on how the test reads?

Thanks. So should I be using the chlorine levels that the pool calculator are telling me to use or the cya/chlorine chart numbers? I am new to this pool chemistry stuff but I feel like I am doing fairly OK. I am loosing around .5 to 1 ppm overnight and around 40 to 50 percent fc during the day and my pool gets between 12 to 14 hours of direct sun in a day. My water is clear and have had no cloudy water at all.

dennard said:
Thanks. So should I be using the chlorine levels that the pool calculator are telling me to use or the cya/chlorine chart numbers? I am new to this pool chemistry stuff but I feel like I am doing fairly OK. I am loosing around .5 to 1 ppm overnight and around 40 to 50 percent fc during the day and my pool gets between 12 to 14 hours of direct sun in a day. My water is clear and have had no cloudy water at all.
You can use #'s from the PoolCalculator or the CYA/Chlorine Chart. With 50 CYA, maintenance FC level is between 4 and 8, and never below 4.

Shock level is between 16 (poolcalculator) and 20 (CYA/Chlorine Chart). Both work, just one is a little more aggressive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.