Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolmiser autofill cracked at water inlet

1. Back To Top    #1

Poolmiser autofill cracked at water inlet

I have a poolmiser autofill that has a crack going through the part of the inlet recess where the fill valve beveled o-ring seats. It leaks at all times coming up around the inner cylinder of the unit. The unit is concreted in. I have tried a silicone to seal the crack and threads of the float device. Still leaks... Is there any realistic way to replace the unit without breaking the concrete apart?

Thanks in advance

Mark
    55000 Gallon freeform plaster. Paramount pv3 infloor. TR-140C. 2ea VS-3500. 2ea IC40 cells. 2ea 1.5hp Whisperflo pumps. Intellibrite 5g lighting. 144 square foot SR Smith Wet Deck. xAP and PLC pool control and automation with homeseer PRO. TF-100 test kit. Built in 2010.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poolmiser autofill cracked at water inlet

Well, I got my hands on a boroscope. Found that there is another crack going down the manufacture seam of the 90 deg elbow. So, I'm hosed. The manufacture is sending me a new unit. I think it will make a nice lawn ornament, next to a gnome. It doesn't seem that I could replace it without at least going under the concrete decking. Anyone have any links to a diy ttl output water level sensor?

Thanks,

Mark
    55000 Gallon freeform plaster. Paramount pv3 infloor. TR-140C. 2ea VS-3500. 2ea IC40 cells. 2ea 1.5hp Whisperflo pumps. Intellibrite 5g lighting. 144 square foot SR Smith Wet Deck. xAP and PLC pool control and automation with homeseer PRO. TF-100 test kit. Built in 2010.