Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Flow Meter Replacement? / Slow Leak on Liquidator Out Side

1. Back To Top    #1
    P'Burg NJ

Flow Meter Replacement? / Slow Leak on Liquidator Out Side

Has anyone replaced the Liquidator flow meter with another type of flow meter?

I was looking at a visual flow meter from GEMS Sensors. ... an2006.pdf

Why am I looking at replacing the flow meter, I have a slow leak on the OUT side of the liquidator. When the pump turns off, the liquid in the liquidator tank drains own below the OUT flow hole that the purple out float attaches to the tubing.

I cleaned out both purple floats with vinegar and reattached the 3/8 o.d. tubing on the purple barbs with pool Teflon lube. All of the quick disconnect connectors were removed from the HASA flow meter and the Hayward Needle Valve. I inserted O-Rings on the end of the quick disconnect connectors and reapplied pipe dope w/o the Teflon tape. The pump drain plug quick disconnect connector was also cleaned up and reapplied with an O-Ring.

Filter pump cover had more Teflon lube applied.

Since I am running out of things to try, I am thinking the flow meter may have gotten bad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure

2. Back To Top    #2
    toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Flow Meter Replacement? / Slow Leak on Liquidator Out Si

pipe dope should not be used where there are gaskets/rubber involved. only use teflon tape. (the pink one is best) there is a type of dope that you can use on plastics and gaskets/rubber washer it's called great blue. - havnt seen it since I left the trade though. I apprenticed with a plumber for two years. sorry I dont know what this specific part looks like so I cant help to much.
    13500 gallon AG, build late 90's, Hayward S220T sand filter,1Hp aqua coastal
    Gasser BBQ broilmate 155154 LP, Smoker CGK (akorn)