Concrete sealant question

Lando

Jun 1, 2011
Florida
Hi All- Purchased my house and it came with a pool. I believe the current age of the deck is about 20yrs old. It appears that it can use some sealant, areas in the sun seems a bit faded and there is some small sand that comes off the deck, evident when sweeping.

I was looking for options to seal the deck myself. I annually power wash and occasionally use a deck brush with bleach to take care of any mold/dirt. Any options are appreciated. Attached are pics in it's current state.

[attachment=1:2p8at06f]photo(2).jpg[/attachment:2p8at06f]

[attachment=0:2p8at06f]photo(3).jpg[/attachment:2p8at06f]

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 158
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 158
I have an exposed aggregate concrete deck that is probably about 30 years old and still in pretty good shape. I power wash it every two or three years and have considered sealing it, however, I have not done so because I'm concerned that it would be too slippery. My front walkway is stamped and sealed concrete and it does get slippery when it rains. It looks great (charcoal gray flagstone design) even after ten years, but I don't think I would want that type of surface for my pool deck. There may be other types of sealant that are less slippery, but I'm not aware of it.

We just did a floor in a garage we are converting to an apartment and we found a commercial sealer Menard's just started carrying. They have different degrees of gloss or no gloss and I believe you could get something you could add to it to make it none slippery.

Because what we did was a floor not expected to be wet/slippery, we went with high gloss and it looks great!

There are several companies that carry the none-slick additive now I believe as I questioned husband as to if we should use it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.