Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My new Pool UV Sanitizer.

1. Back To Top    #1

My new Pool UV Sanitizer.

So I just purchased a 17' Polygroup pool and I see I can purchase a UV Sanitizer, or Salt Water System. I was wondering if anyone used a UV Sanitizer and if you did, do you use any chemicals?

I am about to set it up and was wondering which way I should go.

Thank you,
    Bret
    17' Round Above Ground Polygroup Pool, 5725 Gallons, F1500c Pump with 1500 GPH Flow.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My new Pool UV Sanitizer.

I use neither. But I'd get a SWG anytime over any other gizmo. alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

UV "Sanitizer" is wasteful, at best it can supplement your regular doses of sanitizer. The only EPA approved sanitizers are Chlorine, Bromine, and Baqua. I'd post more but Richard linked to a much better post than I could ever dream of writing. I just wanted to chime in so Richard didn't feel lonely and to give a second opinion
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the information. I'll be looking for a SWG tomorrow. I need a test kit too.
    I finally have the pool setup and water is going in slowly. With Temps as high as they were today, I had to take alot of breaks.
    I've been reading the Pool School too and will be picking up some products tomorrow too.
    17' Round Above Ground Polygroup Pool, 5725 Gallons, F1500c Pump with 1500 GPH Flow.