Tested fill water today

bpricedo

Silver Supporter
May 20, 2012
I have a hole in the ground so, of course, that means I need to test my fill water. After all, I could be swimming next month (fingers crossed)! I have a Taylor K-2006C.

Anyway, here's what I got:

pH=<7.0. It took 2 drops of the base reagent to bring it up to 7.0

TA =80

CH= 120

Kind of surprised to see the pH so low. Since I am getting a SWCG and I have a sand filter, this may help reduce my acid demand maybe? What other comments does anyone have?

Edit: Whoops, forgot FC=0.8

duraleigh said:
That looks like pretty ideal fill water. Is it from a well?.....hope not.

Don't understand your reference to a sand filter and pH....there is no relationship.

Nope, not a well. It is a very large rural water district.

I meant that since I would be backwashing frequently due to the sand filter and needing to add fill water just as frequently, and since my fill water is acidic, it would be like adding water and acid at the same time! Don't know how much difference it would make but I thought it might reduce my demand for acid due to the SWCG. Just a thought...

Backwashing isn't something that you will do often unless you get a lot of debris in your pool, have a heavy swimmer load that likes their sunscreen, or have an algae outbreak.

I can see where you would be in good shape with a swg, being that anytime that a backwash or top off happens at the same time you need to lower your ph your fill water will help you do that without the addition of acid... if you add enough water at any given time to make a difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.