Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gotta make myself scarce

1. Back To Top    #1

Gotta make myself scarce

My wife is hosting a ladies-only pool party this afternoon. No men, no cameras allowed. So I gotta make myself scarce. The guests are mostly single women we know from the dating site on which we met (how's that for grammar!) and they are very, uh... particular about online pictures of themselves.

Anyway... the pool has been vacuumed and I'm giving it a little boost with the heater just to make sure it's at a comfy temperature. The chemistry is perfect; chlorine has been bumped a couple points above normal to allow for a large sunscreen load.

My brother-in-law and I are going to go see the USS Iowa while we're banished.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gotta make myself scarce

Enjoy the banishment, be safe and have fun.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

What a wonderful husband to get it all prepped for the ladies. I hope you have fun this afternoon too.

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

4. Back To Top    #4

I am "told" that they make these teeny, tiny inconspicuous cameras that..................................Oh well! Sometimes banished is better than being the beck and call pool boy.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

So, need to know, did the party go off without any "unwanted" bikini pis getting posted to the web...............hahahahaha

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Anyway... the pool has been vacuumed and I'm giving it a little boost with the heater just to make sure it's at a comfy temperature.
    Heater - in LA county? This time of year? Wow - how hot do you keep the water?
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

No pictures.

The pool usually cools down to about 78 or 79 overnight, and warms up to 81 or 82, sometimes 83 by 4 or so. But I wanted to be sure it was at least 81 when the party started, so I let it run for an hour. I have no idea what the peak temperature was, but I did hear "The water was perfect!"

Unlike the rest of the country, SoCal hasn't been especially hot this year.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    No pictures.

The pool usually cools down to about 78 or 79 overnight, and warms up to 81 or 82, sometimes 83 by 4 or so. But I wanted to be sure it was at least 81 when the party started, so I let it run for an hour. I have no idea what the peak temperature was, but I did hear "The water was perfect!"

Unlike the rest of the country, SoCal hasn't been especially hot this year.
    Definately worth it and kudos on making points with wife and friends.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump