Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I highly doubt its possible !!!

1. Back To Top    #1

I highly doubt its possible !!!

For anyone that has been lurking around this forum and getting all schooled up on pool things I just wanted to let everyone know I don't believe there is a better,easier,cost efficient way to maintain your pool then the "BBB" way. Since I've joined this awesome forum and listened to alot of great on the money advice from the folks on here through pool school and/or posting questions or just reading through a ton of threads on all sorts of topics I have not had to visit the pool store since to purchase anything whats so ever (the money I've saved already paid for my Stenner pump and 15 gal drum set up) , not to mention wasting gas and my time to go to the pool store

So when all is said and done thanks to ALL you TFP members and moderators for helping me out

And as for anyone on the fence to try the "BBB" TFP way , there is NO possibly way to have a sparking clean pool other then going to another TFP members house

24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I highly doubt its possible !!!

Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Vvveeerrry nicceee!
    Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK
    UK NPPOC

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh my God at the "cracks" in your water
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by roadking00
    For anyone that has been lurking around this forum and getting all schooled up on pool things I just wanted to let everyone know I don't believe there is a better,easier,cost efficient way to maintain your pool then the "BBB" way. Since I've joined this awesome forum and listened to alot of great on the money advice from the folks on here through pool school and/or posting questions or just reading through a ton of threads on all sorts of topics I have not had to visit the pool store since to purchase anything whats so ever (the money I've saved already paid for my Stenner pump and 15 gal drum set up) , not to mention wasting gas and my time to go to the pool store

So when all is said and done thanks to ALL you TFP members and moderators for helping me out

And as for anyone on the fence to try the "BBB" TFP way , there is NO possibly way to have a sparking clean pool other then going to another TFP members house
    Dittos.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

Beautifully said!!!!
    24 ft. round ABG-vinyl-15200 gallon
    Sand Filter w/1 1/2 HP pump
    Installed May 2011
    Taylor K-2006 test kit
    BBB method

http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock
    pool-school/shocking_your_pool
    pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

7. Back To Top    #7

Not everyone on TFP follows the BBB method and I can tell you it is possible to operate a pool properly without using any of the three B's and still have a similar outcome. Ok maybe I am cheating a little but I don't use bleach, borax or baking soda. The only things I add to my pool are salt, CYA, muriatic acid and a SWG.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    Not everyone on TFP follows the BBB method and I can tell you it is possible to operate a pool properly without using any of the three B's and still have a similar outcome. Ok maybe I am cheating a little but I don't use bleach, borax or baking soda. The only things I add to my pool are salt, CYA, muriatic acid and a SWG.
    Aren't you sly! I only use one B of the 3 Bs, but as you know, it is not the PRODUCT you use but the PROCESS that is important here. Whether you call it BBB or ABCT (acid, bleach, calcium, trichlor like I use) or SAC (salt, acid, CYA like you use)... what matters is that we test and dose what the pool needs when it needs it.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    Aren't you sly! I only use one B of the 3 Bs, but as you know, it is not the PRODUCT you use but the PROCESS that is important here. Whether you call it BBB or ABCT (acid, bleach, calcium, trichlor like I use) or SAC (salt, acid, CYA like you use)... what matters is that we test and dose what the pool needs when it needs it.
    LOL...great reply...thanks
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....