Doggie life jacket

Jan 20, 2012
West KY
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good life jacket for my dog. I have a Boston Terrier that weighs 25 lbs. We have tried both a small and medium jacket from Outward Hound, and neither fits well or keeps his face out of the water. He LOVES getting in the pool, and can swim without one, but just barely, and he tires quickly. I would love to find a jacket that works well enough that he could stay in longer without getting worn out.

Thanks!

We also have a solid float she loves. Her name is Lilli and this is her LilliPad. I have posted some photos but I will see about getting some of her with the vest. She swims ok without it but seems more relaxed with it on. He can play in the pool for about an hour between the float and the vest. She whines to get in while I am testing the water and will jump on pad if she gets near it, without anyone in the pool. We have an AG pool with 38 inches of wall in most areas so she cannot get in without help.

I'll have to get some video of my pudgy little buddy. He loves charging in via the steps, swims a little loop and right back to the steps. He even started putting his head under water/halfway diving recently to grab sinking toys. Pretty hilarious to watch. He may become a good diver, LOL

Here is Lilli on her pad.

IMG_5025.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.