Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Doggie life jacket

1. Back To Top    #1

Doggie life jacket

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good life jacket for my dog. I have a Boston Terrier that weighs 25 lbs. We have tried both a small and medium jacket from Outward Hound, and neither fits well or keeps his face out of the water. He LOVES getting in the pool, and can swim without one, but just barely, and he tires quickly. I would love to find a jacket that works well enough that he could stay in longer without getting worn out.

Thanks!
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Doggie life jacket

My pup loves her Outward Hound. It has a float under the chin. Does the you tried have this?
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep, the Outward Hound just doesn't work. I think bulldog breeds are just too heavy in the chest area.
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

We also have a solid float she loves. Her name is Lilli and this is her LilliPad. I have posted some photos but I will see about getting some of her with the vest. She swims ok without it but seems more relaxed with it on. He can play in the pool for about an hour between the float and the vest. She whines to get in while I am testing the water and will jump on pad if she gets near it, without anyone in the pool. We have an AG pool with 38 inches of wall in most areas so she cannot get in without help.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

The solid float has enough buoyancy for her the stand on but cannot be deflated by her nails.
    -- Guy --

6. Back To Top    #6

I'll have to get some video of my pudgy little buddy. He loves charging in via the steps, swims a little loop and right back to the steps. He even started putting his head under water/halfway diving recently to grab sinking toys. Pretty hilarious to watch. He may become a good diver, LOL
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is Lilli on her pad.

-- Guy --

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks like Lilli definitely enjoys her pool time
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Back when our dog was still alive, we had a life vest for him for when we went out on the ski boat (also long gone). I don't remember the brand, but it looks like this one

Ruffwear Float Coat
    BBB/TFP/Taylor K-2006 Evangelist!
    6/13 - Installed AG Sharkline Heritage 21'x54" 11K gallons. Hayward 1660s sand filter, Hayward single-speed 1 hp pump; city water. Husband builds, I maintain.
    5/11 - Starter pool 6000-gallon Intex Ultra 16'x48" AG with standard 1500 gph 1/3 hp cartridge filter.

10. Back To Top    #10

Cabela's:
    http://www.cabelas.com/dog-training-sup ... ts-3.shtml

Bass Pro Shop:
    http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-L ... 4531/44311

Petco:
    http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-L ... 4531/44311

Petsmart:
    http://www.petsmart.com/search/index.js ... +vest&sr=1

Waterdoggy:
    http://www.waterdoggy.com

Additionally, you may wish to check stores that sell to hunters or to law enforcement.

Hope this helps.
    No more Intex EasySet AGP. Hot tub soon.
    "Prejudices are what fools use for reason." - Voltaire

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks!

TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir