Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool party

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool party

Do you guys up the chlorine in your pool before you have a party? I'm going to have 20 teenagers in my pool tomorrow for a bday party. Just wondering. Thanks.
    33' Seaspray Aegean II - 6' Deep End
    28K Gallons
    2" Hard Pipe Plumbing
    Hayward S244T 300 lb. Sand Filter
    1 HP - 2 speed - Powerflo Matrix Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool party

I have added a bit more before and then usually a bit more after the party.........and good luck with that many teens......lol

3. Back To Top    #3

It's gonna be interesting : )
    33' Seaspray Aegean II - 6' Deep End
    28K Gallons
    2" Hard Pipe Plumbing
    Hayward S244T 300 lb. Sand Filter
    1 HP - 2 speed - Powerflo Matrix Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd bump up the FC another 3 points over normal.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

jrh1010:

I test the water about a half-hour before the party and dose FC to the high end of the target range for my CYA level. In fact, I err on the side of having it be a point or so above that as opposed to having it any lower. I've done this for every pool party and it's worked well. No one ever said a word about their being "too much chlorine". In fact, several people commented that the water had a good feel to it and was not irritating to their skin or eyes (although pH plays a role in that as well). Many thought it was a salt pool.

Don't be surprised if the water loses some of its sharpness after the party, though. That's normal after a high bather load even with adequate chlorine. Just give it extra filtering time and top off the chlorine to the top of the target after the party and all will be well.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

I normally keep my pool at ~4 cl, for my sons birthday party I bumped it up to 8 that morning, pool didn't even cloud up
    I had 12-15 peeps in the pool at any given time during the entire day.
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.