About ready to give up!...............UPDATE!

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
Just had a new liner installed last Thursday. Haven't been able to use the pool much because of heavy rains and thunderstorms. So, got a break in the weather today and I'm just going to float around, when I notice the ground is really wet in one area. At first I thought it was because all of the rain, but upon further inspection, I can see water coming out from under the liner! I have to wait until tomorrow to call the place I bought the liner from, I know it has a year warranty on it from the dealer, but if I have to drain and refill again I think I am going to scream! Thanks for letting me vent! :grrrr:

Re: About ready to give up!

I don't know. I have to call them tomorrow. I dug out the mulch from around the pool and I can see exactly where it's coming from, all the sand is washing out with it. I can Not find the hole from the inside though, it is driving me crazy.

Can they drain/pump it into an intex while they fix yours and then pump it back into yours? I think a lot of places pump from a temporary pool when they do the initial install, so maybe this would work to save your nicely balanced water. Good luck.

Hello!

I just read somewhere that when a leak is suspected release a bit of food coloring in the suspicious area and the food coloring will gravitate to the hole. I sure hope this helps. I've had MULTIPLE problems reinstalling my pool and I am in the same place feelings wise! Hang in there!
:goodjob:

Dye or food coloring is VERY difficult unless you suspect an area (like a return) and can get the dye VERY close before you release it. If you have no idea where the leak is, the dye will not be worth the trouble.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well, the lady at the pool store where I bought my liner said the owner/installer won't be back until Monday, so far I'm down about a foot or so. She said I could fill it back up and swim for the weekend if I wanted, but I'll just wait it out. It would be my luck to buy a brand new liner that has a hole it it. Just like when I go the the store to buy something that sprays (hairspray, furniture polish, etc.), 200 bottles on the shelf and I ALWAYS buy the one that doen't spray...LOL

Finally found the hole. It's about the size of an eraser head right in the seam. Since it is in the seam it is covered. I just talked to the dealer and they are ordering me a new liner and will have to eat the cost of the install. Wow, today I sure feel a lot better about things. Thanks all for your advice and support!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.