Finally received my TF-100, first numbers...

boaz65

Jul 18, 2012
Hi everyone...
I'm new to the fourm and have been lurking here for a few weeks. I must say that I'm addicted to this site and the info here great! We are new owners of a 15 x 54 round, vinyl pool and from day 1 are using the BBB method. I just competed my first test with my TF-100 and here are my results for critique/advise....
My FC is 1.5, I would like it to be 5 based on the recommended levels info in Pool School
My CC is .5 with my TC being 2.0.
My TA is 80 ppm, which is what I was shooting for based on the 70-90+
My CH is 140, I was thinking 200 would be more ideal...
My CYA is 20 right now, I am shooting for 40....
Any suggestions or recommendations are welcomed!
Thanks!

Welcome to tfp, boaz65 :wave:

boaz65 said:
My FC is 1.5, I would like it to be 5 based on the recommended levels info in Pool School
For 20 ppm cya, poolcalculator.com gives me 2-5 for normal FC range, so try to stay above 2.

boaz65 said:
My CH is 140, I was thinking 200 would be more ideal...
No need to do anything with CH. Low CH is not a problem for vinyl pools, high CH can be, but yours is low so leave it.

boaz65 said:
My CYA is 20 right now, I am shooting for 40....
How are you adding it? If it is the granular type, then it can take a week to show up on test.

Thanks for the welcome everyone and the info! To boost my CYA, I have a bottle of HTH Stablizer (white powder) and I'm only using store brand liquid bleach (6%) to control my chlorine...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.