Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Level...HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Level...HELP!

Ok, so I am a new pool person. We just got hammered the last 2 days with rain, today was a BIG ONE. My water line was around halfway up the skimmer, but now it is almost completely covering the skimmer (maybe a 1/4" before it is covered.

I shut the pump off, is there anything I need to be worried about, or anything I should do?

THANKS!
    24' x 54" Oceanic Round AGP, 1090 Hayward Skimmer, EC-40 Filter system, Automatic Chlorinator. Pool will be in Full sun for most of the day (9am-6pm).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Level...HELP!

Most pools can handle overflowing (it will happen from the skimmer area) but depending on your ground and drainage, too much water the skimmer area could cause an issue. I would probably run a long backwash cycle (or bypass to waste) to keep the water level within the skimmer opening.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Linen. I will need to read up on backwash and bypass to waste....
    24' x 54" Oceanic Round AGP, 1090 Hayward Skimmer, EC-40 Filter system, Automatic Chlorinator. Pool will be in Full sun for most of the day (9am-6pm).

4. Back To Top    #4

If you setup is like this, doesn't look like you can bypass to waste, but you can backwash: http://www.poolfactoryonline.com/tut...d-ec-40-filter
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.