Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Flat Return Lines

1. Back To Top    #1

Flat Return Lines

Hey everyone,

My pool doesn't have eyeball return lines. They are flat, and don't really give the pool any decent circulation. All of my surface debris gets trapped on the shallow end of the pool away from the skimmer which is on the deep end.

Has anybody come up with this issue before? I don't believe the returns can be unscrewed and new ones put in. I'll get a pic of the return lines up soon.

Thanks for any help!!
    11,000 Gallons, Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, Pentair SWG IC40, IG Plaster/Pebble, Intelliflo VS Pump, Build Completed Feb 2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Flat Return Lines

Here's how the return lines look.

11,000 Gallons, Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, Pentair SWG IC40, IG Plaster/Pebble, Intelliflo VS Pump, Build Completed Feb 2012

3. Back To Top    #3

I also have the same style. I had my pool remodel contractor put eyeball compression fittings in. They do not have a lot of adjustment though, so still limited circulation pattern.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

4. Back To Top    #4

Hmm well I did purchase the Pool Skimmer, and it will arrive next week. My pool cleaner line is near the shallow end so hopefully that will help out.