uniform depth liner dished out bottom!

I think what you need is an expandable liner. From what I've seen, if a pool has differing depths, this is what you get. Just check with any pool supply store and I think this is what they will recommend. The liner is designed to expand to cover the deep end. Also make sure you have researched burying an above ground. I read on another pool supply site (I've been doing tons of research looking for a replacement liner, lol) that if you bury an above ground, it may accelerate your rust/corrosion on the walls and actually make them unstable.

I hope this is not too late to be of help. Good luck!

I live in Europe and it is very difficult to get an expendable liner here and also expensive because off shipping.
I´am really interested in knowing what a standard liner can stretch. I´am not interested in a deep end but more in some extra depth like a bowl shape max 12inch. Maybe some people white some more experience can help me? How far can I stretch I standard 16mil liner?
1/3 off the pool is left standard with a water hight off 41inch the other 2/3 off the pool will be dig-de out in a bowl shape with a max depth off 52-53 inch off water hight.
Is there some one that have done this with a uniform depth liner?

Thanks,

I would be afraid of the seams of the liner pulling apart. It might stretch some, but over time it would seem to me the stress on the seams would be enough, along with the sun and chemicals that your liner probably wouldn't last too long.

If it were me and I was only wanting to go another foot or so -- I would either forgo the extra depth or bite the bullet and get an expandable liner.

Is there a specific reason why that extra foot is so important? If so why not purchase a deeper pool in the first place?

My understanding is the only liners that are expandable are the overlap liners and you need to stretch them into the pool. If the liner has a bead (j-hook, uni-bead) it cannot be stretched. My pool store only sells Doughboy brand overlap liners for expandable pools. I have never heard of cutting the straps on an oval pool. I have heard of making the deep-end start at the last strap and go deeper from there.

Good luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.