still cloudy water and high chlorine level

You can swim up to shock level once you've passed the OCLT.
Once you pass the OCLT, you can just let the FC come down on it's own. It won't take very long.

What shock level are you maintaining? If it's the Pool Calc level, you could raise it to match the Chlorine/CYA chart level.

Mellott if you are dosing to above shock level so that you STAY at shock level, AND filtering 24/7, then you are doing all you can do -- it does sound like you're very very close so please hang in there and your granddaughter will be in the swim in no time ;)

So let's say tonight you pass the OCLT (be sure to read after sun has set and before sun rises, right?) -- yes, then you can just let the FC drop to normal levels. It will be safe for granddaughter to swim at levels of FC between target and shock value, so that won't affect your visit.

Best wishes!

Ooops, cross posted!

Thanks. I test after sundown and before sunrise, and in between. I have kept the shock level up and my filter runs 24/7. I don't think I can do more than I have, except be a little more patient.

Thank you to everyone for your help.

Mellott98 said:
Oh, I broke that one last year and replaced it. The latest break was on the vacuum head itself.

Yikes! :shock: What did you do to the pool thing to break it? (Visions of using it as a hammer, hibatchi grill, frisbee, etc...)

I have been shocking to 20. Usually by morning, it is around 16.5. I am using the pool calulator to tell me how much to add. I will also test in the afternoon (around 1pm) to bring the level back up.

As for the vacuum head, I'm not doing anything out of the norm. However, I have many times thought about taking a sledge hammer to it and anything else related to the pool!

Here are my PM readings.

TA = 130
CH - 440 (I know that's high, due to the shock I was using previously)
CYA - 40
PH - 7.5
FC - 14
CC - .5

I will be shocking to get the level to 16. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.